Conjunctions - Exercícios de fixaçãoImprimir o texto completo
|por Erlanda Siqueira|
1-Complete the sentences with the correct conjunctions or sentence adverbial.
a) __________ John is rich, he’s not a happy person.
b) She speaks German___________I don’t.
c) He’s a millionaire. ____________he’s got a lot of money.
d) Both my cousin ______________I are good students.
e) Either you ______________ Martin can solve this problem.
f) ____________you are here, help me with this.
g) Ann didn’t study anything. ___________she pass all the tests.
h) Neither Peter ____________ Fred can do that for you.
Questões de Vestibular
01. (UFMA) Television may be a splendid medium of communication,__________ it prevents us from communicating with each other.
a. ( ) Therefore d. ( ) because
b. ( ) Otherwise e. ( ) whether
c. ( ) however
02. (FATEC-SP) The construction company completed the road ___________the heavy rain.
a. ( ) yet d. ( ) despite
b. ( ) while e. ( ) although
c. ( ) however
03. (UFMA) The problem is that man is destroying many trees and,________ causing a problem-deforestation.
a. ( ) if d. ( ) because
b. ( ) although e. ( ) therefore
c. ( ) instead of
04.(UFMA) Complete the sentences:
Mary was smiling,____________there was sadness in her eyes.
a. ( ) precisely b.( ) consequently c.( )so d.( ) yet
05.(UFMA) For is a conjunction:
a. ( ) For one enemy, he has fifty friends.
b. ( ) I asked Bill to come, for I had something to show him.
c. ( ) The crowd made way for the procession to pass.
d. ( ) We didn’t wait for the others to join us.
06.(CEUMA) I can understand English. ___________ I don’t speak it.
a. (and) b. (but) c. (the) d. (as) e. (so)
07.(UFMA) I could not buy a new poetry book ___________ I had no money.
a (so) b. (therefore) c. (for) d. (but) e. (then)
08.(UFMA) She speaks __________ English ___________ French.
a. ( ) neither – nor c. ( ) nor – neither
b. ( ) either – nor d. ( ) neither – nor
09. (UFMA) Use the correct conjunction to complete the sentences.
He asked me _____________ I was going on a trip.
I won’t go ____________ she invites me.
She couldn’t stay longer _____________ she had an appointment.
___________ we have no money we can’t buy anything.
a ( ) if- unless- because- Since d. ( ) since- because- unless- if
b.( ) if- because- unless- Since e. ( ) if- because- since- Unless
c.( ) unless- because- unless- if
10. (UFPI) ___________ he had time, he didn’t want to do it.
a ( ) Since c.( ) As e.( ) Although
b.( ) Still d.( ) Yet
11. (Cesgranrio- RJ) While in "While the student is saying this, he is smiling" means:
a ( ) whereas d. ( ) during the past time
b.( ) although e. ( ) on what occasion
c.( ) in spite of
12. (FUVEST) Complete usando although, nevertheless ou in spite of.
a) They think the information they’ve got is accurate;_________ they’ll check it again.
b) ___________ the fog, the train arrived on time.
13. (ITA) We haven’t seen __________ Katherine _________ Alice at the party.
a ( ) neither- nor d.( ) either- or
b.( ) either – or e. ( ) nor – or
c.( ) neither – or
14. (ITA) He was promoted to the post of general manager last month, ________ he received a salary increase.
a ( ) so d. ( ) despite
b.( ) in spite of this e. ( ) nevertheless
c.( ) however
15. (UFPI) _________ the children _________ their parents came to the party on Christmas Day.
a. ( ) either; or d. ( ) nor
b. ( ) neither; nor e. ( ) either; neither
c. ( ) neither; or
16. (ITA) We haven’t seen ________ Katherine_________ Alice at the dancing party.
a. ( ) neither: nor d. ( ) either; nor
b. ( ) either; or e. ( ) nor; or
c. ( ) neither; or
17. (Fuvest-SP) Put on your coat__________ you will catch a cold.
a. ( ) as well as d. ( ) either
b. ( ) not only e. ( ) besides
c. ( ) otherwise
18. (FCMSC-SP) Did you give her anything_________ you waited for the lab results?
a. ( ) for d. ( ) despite
b. ( ) when e. ( ) although
c. ( ) while
19. (FCMSC-SP) __________ it rained hard, the plane took__________.
a. ( ) In spite of; in d. ( ) Unless; out of
b. ( ) But; over e. ( ) If; out
c. ( ) Although; off
20. Be polite__________ you call someone on the telephone, ok ?
a. ( ) when d. ( ) not only
b. ( ) still e. ( ) despite of
c. ( ) yet
21.___________ he acknowledged your invitation he couldn’t come to your birthday party. ____________ he hopes you’ll forgive him.
a. ( ) Though; As soon as d. ( ) Although; Until
b. ( ) Though; By the time e. ( ) Though; Till
c. ( ) Although; Therefore
22. Be careful when you cross any street, __________ you may hurt yourself.
a. ( ) otherwise d. ( ) despite
b. ( ) although e. ( ) though
c. ( ) after
SO LONG! SEE YOU NEXT CLASS!